Matportalen.no presents information about food, health and physical acitivty to consumers from the Norwegian health and food authorities. The objective of matportalen.no is to help the consumers make enlightened choices.
The following governmental organisations are responsible for the content on matportalen.no:
- The Norwegian Food Safety Authority
- The Norwegian Directorate of Health
- The Norwegian Institute of Public Health
- The National Veterinary Institute
- Institute of Marine Research
- Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research
- Norwegian Scientific Committee for Food and Environment
- Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority
Matportalen.no was launched by the Minister of Food and Agriculture, Lars Sponheim, in May 2003. The website was one of the initatives in "Handlingsplan for forbrukerretting av matpolitikken 2004-2005".
To make matprotalen.no more updated and user friendly the website was redesigned and restructured in the spring of 2011.
The Food Composition Table
The Food Composition Table (FCT) provides information concerning the nutrient- and energy content of the most commonly consumed foods in Norway.
Contact the web team
The web team working on matportalen.no has it office at the Norwegian Food Safety Authority (NFSA).